11 post-Passover recipes full of all the carbs you’ve been dreaming about!
The week of Passover ended Saturday night, and it’s always bittersweet. On the one hand, it’s hard to say goodbye to all the fun times with family and friends, Seder traditions, festive meals, vacation time, and overall joyous feeling that Passover brings. On the other hand, CARBS! I can eat carbs again! I thought I’d never see the day when I could bite into a fluffy, pillowy, airy piece of bread, or brownie, or slice of pizza. Yes, these are the things you dream about when you eat the flattest, blandest, crunchiest cracker called matzoh for 8 days straight.
So now that I can indulge in flour-products again (my gluten free friends, I really feel for you!), here are the 11 recipes I am just DYING to make (and will probably be going to the grocery store at 10PM tonight to stock up on all these ingredients and having a baking binge over the next few days). But we survived Passover, so we deserve it. Right?
1. First, I want to dive head first into a cheesy, saucy, steamy pizza. I think this deep dish pizza will do the trick.
Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza– Sally’s Baking Addiction
2. And after that, I want to loose myself in a ginormous bowl of macaroni and cheese. Because pasta is the quintessential comfort food carb!
Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese– Averie Cooks
3. And what could ever be wrong with a tall stack of fluffy pancakes, shmeared with butter and dripping with pure maple syrup. This is my favorite pancake recipe of all time. So why settle for anything less?
Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes– Pass the Challah
4. Going 8 days without a bagel is tough stuff for a Jew. This veggie bagel sandwich hits the spot.
Veggie Bagel Sandwich– The Merrythought
5. Speaking of Jewish foods, I can’t wait to get completely lost in the swirls of a nutella babka.
Nutella Babka– Pretty. Simple. Sweet
6. And how about some buttery, pillowy crescent rolls stuffed with lots and lots of ooey gooey cheese. YES.
Garlic Butter Cheesy Crescent Rolls– Rasa Malaysia
7. And now for the carb-loaded favorite that was the hardest to give up– cookies! I love indulging in a perfectly chewy chocolate chip cookie and decaf coffee at night, and I am so happy this habit can resume again.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies– Pass the Challah
8. Since I missed cookies so much, how about cookie bars filled with MORE COOKIES! Because there can never be too many cookies.
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars– Averie Cooks
9. And since you can never NEVER get enough cookies, how about the Ultimate Layered Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with three different types of cookie cake layers! Don’t worry cookies, I’ll never leave you alone again (except maybe next Passover).
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer Cake– Life, Love and Sugar
10. I also want a perfectly crispy, buttery, melty grilled cheese. And to add even more carbs, you gotta coat the bread in panko for a super extra crispy finish.
Panko Crusted Grilled Cheese– Kirbie’s Cravings
11. And lastly, the carb-filled food I miss the most is the classic challah. I have fresh, homemade challah every Friday night to celebrate Shabbat, and boy am I excited for this Friday night. I guess I’ll keep it whole wheat, which makes up for all the carbs above. Right?
Ultimate Whole Wheat Challah– Overtime Cook
Now please excuse me while I drift into a carb coma…